Thursday, August 13, 2009

Manage Actions

Now we are in the daily planning portion of Focusing on Success. This is the area of the program that deals with your day to day actions. Each morning you wake up with a clean slate and you need to determine what actions you will take today. This is your to-do list. To achieve a high level of success you need to continually work at your goals making them a step closer every day.

The best process I have found to make the daily improvements is writing out my daily actions each morning. Every morning I sit down with my list of goals and intentions and write out my actions that I will take that day. I limit this to no more than 6 to 10 action items. These actions should fit into my intentions. For instance, if one of my intentions is to work on a marathon training routine, my action for the day might be to run 10 miles.

As you plan your actions remember that these action steps should not include things like get gas, pick up the kids after school. Those are daily tasks and are not associated with your success plan. For these items I keep a totally separate list of tasks that I need to accomplish.

If you have followed the process and completed the prerequisite portions, your action items will become second nature and easy to follow. Now that you have a clear set of goals and a reason why you will be able to set you daily action items with ease and have a strong commitment to get them accomplished. When following the processes through, your daily actions are set on autopilot. Now that you have your action items defined you can move into the meat of the program, Focusing. Once you set out to complete your action items, focus on each item one at a time. Provide your undivided attention to that action until it is complete. Once you complete the first one, move on to the next. In future posts, we will discuss just how to fine tune and control your focus. For now, get out there every day and work towards achieving your goals. Get that 1% improvement every day and you will be amazed at how successful you are.

Cheers to Success!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment